Thursday, January 17, 2008

Apple-Cinnamon Tea Oatmeal


The good news is, we got snow yesterday! I was at the office when those huge, fluffy snowflakes began swirling through the air about 3 p.m. But did I have my camera with me? Nooooo. And the bad news is, it's stopped snowing, the roads are clear, so no Snow Day here. But it was sure fun while it lasted! It's still cold, though, so for a warm and cozy breakfast treat, I tried the Apple-Cinnamon Tea Oatmeal recipe from that "Ultimate Tea Diet" book I got recently.

I don't know if you have any of that fine, almost powdery tea, but I do. A friend gave me a tin of tea that actually tastes fine, but I don't like the consistency, since it looks like coffee grounds. This recipe includes three pinches of dry tea, so I was happy to have an excuse to use this London Cuppa tea. The recipe calls for a bowl of prepared oatmeal, the three pinches of tea, 1 tablespoon of almonds (I had walnuts already chopped), 1/4 cup chopped apple (I used Granny Smith) and cinnamon (just a sprinkle). The tart apples were a nice pairing with the oatmeal, nuts and cinnamon, so I'll be making this quick and easy dish again.

And guess what? I bought the "Ultimate Tea Diet" last week, but yesterday at work I received a review copy of this very book in the mail. Want it? The first person to post a comment today can have it. After you post, just be sure to send me your snail mail address using the link at right.

4 comments:

  1. That was an interesting combination. It sounds very good. That was a very pretty photo pictured. I eat oatmeal at work for my health. I think tea spices up the taste of foods. I enjoy the snow from my office window. I wanted to twirl in it.

    Beth B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your oatmeal sounds great. I love oatmeal in the winter time.

    We are sort of snowed in here in Asheville. Big wet flakes fell last night so school was cancelled, but now it is slushing up under a light rainfall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Beth B. for winning the book! And Frivolitea, I am SO jealous! I'd settle for even "sort of snowed in." But hey, there's still more winter to come, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know about the tea diet! I thought it sounded interesting. Your oatmeal recipe sounds great, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!