Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Fantasy Teapot


I'd forgotten how much fun a hot glue gun could be! Somehow I never saw my glue gun again after I moved a little over a year ago, so after getting by with Elmer's and Super Glue for a while I decided it was time to invest in a new glue gun. And to celebrate, last night I went to town on a project I'd been mulling over for quite some time: The Fantasy Teapot.

I had an old Chatsford teapot with the Tealuxe logo on it collecting dust out in the garage. First, I painted over the the blue logo with white paint so it wouldn't be seen through any of the jewelry findings I was about to attach. Then, I started sorting through the old tin of jewelry bits and bobs I'd been collecting. Assorted single earrings, some stray rhinestones and pearls, some fancy buttons. I can assure you, pulling a trigger has never been so much fun.

Full disclosure: I'm not finished with the back yet, because I need more "pretty" pieces, so I'll be searching through my craft bins tonight after work. But I'm pretty happy with the way the front looks. In fact, I decided I'll leave the handle and spout jewel-free so I can actually use this teapot. (Or "try to use" this teapot. DH has pointed out that hot tea COULD make the hot-glued pieces pop off. Yes, yes, I know, but I'll be caught trying.)

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to use things you might normally throw out. I think your teapot looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat. Lovely textures and colors on the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! Just don't pick at it while you're serving tea with it and it should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I love it! Nothing like a wintry day to bring out cool ideas from your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!